USB 3.1 SuperSpeed Up to 10Gbps
• USB3.1 Gen2 USB-C to micro b cable supports ultra-fast data transfer rate up to 10Gbt/s for transferring files from Solid State Drives (SSD).
• Please note: the data transfer speed is about 5Gbt/s when working with the traditional hard drives.
• MacBook (Pro), iMac 2017, iMac Pro, MacBook Air;
• Dell XPS 13, Dell XPS 15;
• Google Chromebook Pixel;
• HP Pavilion X2, Yoga 910;
• OnePlus 6 6T 5 5T 3;
• Huawei P40/ P40 Pro/ P30/ P30 Pro;
• Other Host based devices with USB Type C port;
• Portable Hard Drive, like Western Digital, Newman, Toshiba, Samsung, Canvio, Sony, Seagate, Lenovo;
• Samsung Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Note 3, Note Pro 12.2, N900;
• Data transfer and read from your HD Camera,
Plugging an external hard drive into my MacBook Air The cable only provides power and no data transfer at all, why?
Mobile hard drives are generally in NTFS format, which is recognized under Windows, but it is impossible to copy data to the hard drive under Mac-OS, and it is necessary to convert the format of the mobile hard drive to ExFAT format.
First off, This WORKS on a Mac, and so many others don't.
I needed a high speed connection to a Thunderbolt port for my Seagate B/U drive (mine came with a USB A).
With the old cable, back up took 3-5 hours.
Now, with this Thunderbolt (USB C) cable, I can back up in less than 10 minutes.
I needed this adapter to back up my iMac so I could take it to the apple store. I took a chance on one day delivery and paid the extra fee. I was pleasantly surprised to receive it the same day. The adapter fit and worked perfectly and I was able to back everything up.