How to Connect Your Chromebook to a TV
Chromebook is a new kind of computer intended to make your tasks more efficient and quicker. They use ChromeOS, an operating system with built-in cloud storage, the best of Google. One basic and beautiful feature of a Chromebook is its in-built numerous security measures such as verified boot & app sandboxing. Chromebooks typically don't have very high-end hardware or screen resolutions.
Nevertheless, Chromebooks are embedded with peculiar functionalities. To get that high screen resolution and large screen imagery, therefore, when watching movies, Amazon prime, or Netflix, you will need to connect your Chromebook to a TV. As a result, in this article, we will be discussing different methods or alternatives to use in connecting your Chromebook to your TV.
Methods of Connecting Chromebook to the TV
There are three ways to connect your Chromebook to a TV. These methods are
- Wired Connection
- Wireless connection
- Amazon TV.
Subsequently, we will be discussing the steps you can follow to connect your chrome to TV using these 3 methods. However, let us quickly take a look at what these methods are.
1. Wired Connection
When connecting any laptop at all to a larger screen using the wired connection, an HDMI cable is always needed. However for Chromebooks without an HDMI port, a USB-C adapter with an HDMI port is needed. A good USB-C adapter to use can be CableCreation 6-in-1 Type-C Multi-Port hub adapter, featuring a 4K 60Hz HDMI, Ethernet, USB C data & charging port, and more.
2. Wireless Connection
Another distinct method to connect your Chromebook to your HDTV is for you to cast your Chromebook screen unto your TV screen. This is made possible because Chromebooks support Chromecast as well as other devices with Chrome Operating System. However, you need to set up your Chromecast device on your TV to use this method and it's also good to note that not all TV support Chromecast.
3. Amazon Fire TV
Just like Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV is a device. It is used in streaming videos and can also be utilized in connecting your Chromebook to a smart TV. It comes with a Fire TV stick remote that enables users to navigate and stream videos seamlessly.
How to connect your Chromebook to TV using the Wired method
- If you are using an adapter, one end of the HDMI cable should be inserted into the adapter and connected to the TV HDMI port. The other end of the adapter should be inserted into one of the Chromebook's USB-C ports.
- For a direct HDMI connection, insert one end of the cable into your Chromebook and the other end into your TV.
- After securing this connection, you should boot upyour Chromebook to establish the connection.
- Turnon your TV, when it comes on, it will bring options such as HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.
- Select the proper channel and immediately your Chromebooks screen will be seen on your TV. Ifthe entire Chromebook's screen not showing on your TV, follow the steps below to fix that.
How to Make Visible your Entire Chromebook's screen on TV
- All you need is to change some Chromebook settings. Look at the lower part of your screen to your right, you will see a clock, click on it and select settings.
- Settings will bring out a lot of options, but right now we are only concerned with device settings. Therefore, click on the device and navigate to displays.
- Right in the display option you will see the "Mirror internal Display" checkbox. Check the box. However note that if your Chromebook is not yet connected to your TV, the Mirror internal Display checkbox option will not be there.
- After checking that box, your entire screen should be visible on your TV screen. Then you can go on to enjoy your movies and stream your videos.
How to connect your Chromebook to TV Using the Wireless method
- This wireless connection method as explained earlier is made possible through Chromecast, a device supported by Chromebook. The first thing to do is set up Chromecast on your TV.
- To set Chromecast on your TV, connect the Chromecast to the TV through one of the TV's HDMI ports. Then plug one end of the Chromecast's power cable into a USB port on the TV and the other end into the Chromecast's power adapter, then into a wall outlet.
- Turnon your TV, and select the proper HDMI channel for the Chromecast. After this, download the Google home app and set up Chromecast following the app's instructions.
- After setting up Chromecast on your TV, on your Chromebook, look downwards towards the right and click on the clock, in the drop-down options, select cast.
- In the cast options, select Chromecast and also select what you want to cast,which is your desktop (Chromebook's) screen.
- After choosing a desktop, then click on share. Immediately your Chromebook's screen will be cast on your TV screen.
How to Screen Mirror Chromebook to Fire TV
- From the Chromebook App store, download the screen mirroring app.
- Open the screen mirroring app on your Chromebook, choose your device on it and select "always open with Chrome" and then click connect.
- After doing this, you will see an option to share your screen, checkmark the share audio option, then select share.
- Utilizing a Fire TV stick control, turn on the TV and select Settings. Then use a remote button to enter mirroring mode and locate the display option.
- Click the Cast icon after opening the website you wish to cast in your Chrome browser.
- After this, choose your Fire TV device name from the cast menu, and your Chromebook's screen can be seen on your TV.
In this article, we have been able to discuss at length the 3 techniques individuals can use to connect their Chromebooks to TVs. Hence, whichever method you want to utilize, all you need to do is carry out the simplified steps pinpointed above and easily connect your Chromebook to your TV.
Author: Yuusuf Adetona
Leave a comment