Sony PlayStation 5 and Microsoft Xbox Series X came out with the HDMI 2.1 port last November, which means that PS 5 / XSX can run any supported game at 120 frames per second right out of the box, giving players the ability to play games at the highest level. It is also currently found on the best new TVs, including the latest models from LG, Samsung, Sony, TCL, and more.
When players first open the PS 5 /XSX box, they will find an extremely handy accessory set. Along with the console, controller, and power supply cable, players will also find an HDMI 2.1 cable. Although it doesn’t look much different from the HDMI 2.0 cable that came with PS4 Pro, it’s a big leap forward compared to HDMI 2.0.
The best HDMI 2.1 cable supports higher resolution up to 10K and bandwidth up to 48Gbps, as well as faster refresh rates up to 120Hz. These features are essential for gaming, especially when playing intense, fast-action, or first-person shooter (FPS) games where every millisecond is critical. You can't have any delays, inaccurate colors on the screen, or lack of details. Make sure that every component in the setup is top-notch to make a difference between a big win and an embarrassing loss.
HDMI 2.1 feature highlights include:
- 1.Higher bandwidth 48Gbps and higher resolutions, including 8K@60Hz and 4K@120Hz, 10K resolution is also supported for commercial AV, industrial and special usages.
- 2.Dynamic HDR format ensures that every moment of the video is displayed with its ideal values for depth, detail, brightness, contrast and wider color gamuts -- on a scene by scene or even a frame by frame basis.
- 3.Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)allows the TV to directly transfer Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, lossless audio and video at ultra-high speed. Now it’s easier than ever to experience movie theater quality sound in a living room for an immersive multi-dimensional experience and enhanced audio detail and depth.
- 4.Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)is especially important for gamers. It can reduce lag, freeze and frame tearing for more fluid and better detailed gameplay. And it’s more accurate in the processing of rendered images. When the scene is switched, the refresh rate will change accordingly to obtain a smoother and more detailed picture.
- 5.Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) allows the ideal latency setting to automatically be set allowing for smooth, lag-free and uninterrupted viewing and interactivity.
- 6.Quick Frame Transfer (QFT)is mainly aimed at virtual VR reality, significantly reducing delay, so games and implementation of interactive virtual reality have no delay and run smoothly.
- 7.Quick Media Switching (QMS)for movies and videos eliminates the delay that can lead to blank screens before content is displayed.
Beyond these features, ALLM, VRR and QFT are added to HDMI 2.1 for best gaming experience and media playback..
Whether you have a PS5, XSX or a gaming PC with the latest GPUs from NVIDIA and AMD, an HDMI 2.1 cable can make a huge difference in your gaming by supporting high refresh rate of up to 120 Hz at 4K resolution. It can also offer uncompressed 8K resolution at 60 Hz. And it’s ideal for fixing the flickering on your Apple TV and bringing movie theater quality sound to your home.
For some reason, if you need to place your game console in the position remote from the TV or receiver, so the cable may need to lay along one side of the wall, or you need a backup cable, you can consider Cablecreation HDMI 2.1 48Gbps Cable with colorful and durable Aluminum shell.
Flexible braided jacket and stylish Aluminum shell, with options of blue, green, red and grey. 24K gold-plated metal connector is good for resisting corrosion, triple shielding structure supports low EMI (electromagnetic interference), which reduces interference to the wireless devices nearby, providing a lag-free and uninterrupted viewing experience. Available in 3.3ft, 6.6ft and 10ft long.
Choosing the best HDMI 2.1 cable really means choosing the best build quality, price, length, warranty, and certification status. HDMI 2.1 cable or Ultra High Speed HDMI cable are future-proof. The facts that they are backward compatible with the older versions is the cherry on top.